Category: TV & Movies
License: Free to try
Publisher: Many Tricks
Usher is the ultimate movie and video assistant because it can see and manage pretty much everything. Usher can manage the videos you keep on your hard drive, and it will do so even if you don’t want to move your videos and movies into Usher’s library–it’s your choice as to whether or not Usher moves things into its library, or just helps you manage your collection in place. Usher can see videos stored in both iTunes and iPhoto, providing easy management for these collections. You can add details to these videos, and then use Smart Playlists (as in iTunes) to quickly filter your collection on those details. Usher also includes search-and-download capabilities for both YouTube and Vimeo1. Downloading your favorite video is now as simple as running a search (or entering its URL), and then letting Usher do all the heavy lifting–Usher can even auto-convert these downloads for use with the iPhone, iPod, and Apple TV, and copy them to iTunes.
What’s new in this version:
- Auto-detect .dvdmedia files added to Usher’s library folders.
- Automatically play .dvdmedia files in DVD Player.
- Hover controls are now only shown when the mouse moves on the screen containing the video.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed some display glitches in Mountain Lion.
- Hover controls no longer show when Usher is in full-screen playback in the background.
- Fixed a rare bug that would cause t… See all new features