Internet vs Intranet – Writing apps the Googley way – YOW 2010 Melbourne
Image by avlxyz
Writing Apps the Google-y Way
Google App Engine is a framework that lets you build web apps on top of Google’s scalable hosting and data storage infrastructure. When you start building an app on App Engine, you soon realize that you do things differently from the way you made apps for more "traditional" hosting setups, because of our scalability-oriented design. In this talk, we’ll give an overview of App Engine, and then look at how you would handle things like offline processing, geographic queries, or storing files, and how you would design real world apps like a microblogging service or social network site.
Keywords: AppEngine, Scalability, Architecture, Java, Python, CloudComputing, GoogleAPI , Experience, Web 2.0
Target Audience: Developers who are building App Engine apps or thinking of using App Engine for an upcoming project, and who want to learn how they might architect the backend for their application to work best on top of Google’s hosting infrastructure.
Google API and App Engine Mashup Queen
Google, Developer Advocate
Software passion: Teaching people to create things, and creating things that teach people.
About YOW! Australia 2010
The YOW! 2010 Australia Software Developer Conference is a unique opportunity for you to listen to and talk with international software experts in a relaxed setting.
Here’s why you should want to attend:
* concise, technically-rich talks and workshops delivered
without the usual vendor-hype and marketing spin
* broad exposure to the latests tools and technologies,
processes and practices in the software industry
* "invitation only" speakers selected by an independent
international program committee from a network
of over 400 authors and experts
* a relaxed conference setting where you get the rare opportunity
to meet and talk with world-reknowned speakers face-to-face
* an intimate workshop setting where you are able
to benefit from an in-depth learning experience
* a truly unique opportunity to make contacts and network
with other talented Australian software professionals
* you’ll be supporting a great charity. Ten dollars from every registration will be donated to the Endeavour Foundation.