Question by Candace: Is Web Action Limited a scam?
Here is the email below that I recieved from a job poster on Careerbuilder.
Thank you for your interest in the position of an account manager with Webaction Limited. Our company offers a wide range of IT services, such as web development, web design, Internet marketing, iPhone application development, SEO, etc. We have been on a dynamic and rapidly developing IT market for more than 7 years, we have more than 100 professionals working with us in Europe and in the USA, and we are looking for new members of our team. Please note that neither our company, nor any of our partners ever ask for any investments or entry fees from candidates! Also, this is a work-from-home opportunity, no travel or relocation is required.
As an account manager, you will not promote or sell any of our services/products; neither you will be responsible for searching new customers. This is a customer support position, and the responsibilities include the following:
– working on the projects with project managers and team members
– establishing contacts with new and existing customers
– organizing the billing process for new customers
– processing customer requests and answering questions on the projects
– distributing initial payments for the projects among programmer teams
– preparing reports on the project status for customers.
This is a full-time position, and you will be working Monday through Friday, 9 am to 4 pm (according to your time zone). Your typical working day will look like the following:
1. Logging into your webdesk account, checking for new assignments.
2. Phone briefing with a project manager, learning current news and updates.
3. Working on today’s assignments according to the schedule.
4. Responding to customers, getting updates from them.
5. Filling in the daily time-table, reporting your daily activity.
Along with a base salary of $ 3,500, which is paid once a month, we offer a flexible bonus system based on indvidual performance. Account managers receive bonuses for each project they support; once a new project is assigned to you, the bonus for it is paid instantly. According to the company’s statistics, the average monthly income for experienced account managers supporting multiple projects is above $ 5,000.
You can find additional information about Webaction Limited at our website or forward your questions to your contact manager. Please reply to this message, in order to receive the employment form and arrange the time for a phone interview.
Webaction HR Department
Answer by Susan W
I got the same e-mail. It had a phone number 1 (412) 567-3837. I spoke to a worker there who said they were an Account Manager and worked there for 3 years. They said the company is based out of London and also an office in Pittsburgh. Try calling this number and see if you can get more info. Hopefully it is not a scam but a good job –
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!