Your first look at the easy-to-use tools for building your own data-driven website
Get a running start with Microsoft WebMatrix—the free, downloadable web development solution featuring all the tools you need for server-side programming. This practical book introduces the templates, helper libraries, and other tools in WebMatrix for building and customizing a data-driven site—including techniques for adding video, email, web forms, and other features. Learn how easy it can be to create a dynamic web presence for your small business or organization with WebMatrix.
Get early, expert insights to help you:
- Write server-side code with either Microsoft ASP.NET or PHP
- Build a database application that lets you create, retrieve, update, and delete records
- Deliver video on your site with Microsoft Silverlight® or HTML5
- Add simple email functions—or build your own email application
- Accept payments on your site with PayPal
- Capture user input by building web forms and controls
- Set up an application to promote your site through social networking
- Create a site with WordPress, and discover how to use other PHP-based web applications
Get code samples on the web. For system requirements, see the Introduction.
List Price: $ 39.99