Question by Ryan James: How do I put a shortcut to a website on my desktop using google chrome?
I want to put links/shortcuts to certain websites on my desktop so that I can click on them straight from my desktop instead of having to open a browser and type in the URL. I have google chrome, so I need the steps to take to do that, using google chrome. most detailed answer gets 10 points! Thanks!
Answer by Thicky
Well, this should be very easy to explain but you want detail? I’ll give you detail.
1) Launch Google Chrome by double-clicking on the Google Chrome shortcut on your desktop.
2) Google Chrome should launch immediately as it is very fast.
3) On your screen should be a “Most Visited” page where there are nine thumbnails and some other tools on the right.
4) Go to the URL/search bar and type in the website you want to put the shortcut to.
5) Press the “Enter” button on your keyboard. It should be one of the biggest buttons on your keyboard (or not). Or you could just press the arrow next to the URL/search bar.
6) Make sure the spelling to the website is correct as if it is wrong, it could lead you to another page you have never seen before in your life.
7) Go to the paper icon which should be below the minimize and maximize and left of the spanner icon.
8) A drop down menu should appear
9) Navigate to “Create application shortcuts…” which should be the first option in the menu.
10) There should be a check box and everything. You should just ignore that and click the “OK” button.
11) Your tab should automatically close and it would reopen in a new window.
12) You can close that. The shortcut is already in your desktop.
13) Congratulations! You managed to create a desktop shortcut to your website with Google Chrome!
There you go! *puff* *puff* so tiring!
Hope I get Best Answer after all these effort!
Just kidding, choose whoever you think is best,,,
Give your answer to this question below!