Google Apps Deciphered
Compute in the Cloud to Streamline Your Desktop
Use Google Apps to Improve Productivity and Collaboration, Reduce Costs, and Eliminate Technology Hassles!
Google Apps gives you virtually all the business and productivity software you need–all of it free, or available at extremely low cost. Because the suite of Google Apps runs on Google’s network in the cloud, you avoid the hassles that go with desktop software. Getting started with Google Apps is easy–but if you want to make the most of it, you’ll need expert guidance that Google’s online help doesn’t provide. Get all the help you need, right here.
This is your start-to-finish guide to setting up Google Apps, migrating to it, customizing it, and using it to improve productivity, communications, and collaboration. Scott Granneman introduces every leading component individually, and shows exactly how to make them work together for you on the web or by integrating them with your favorite desktop apps. You’ll find practical insights on Google Apps email, calendaring, contacts, wikis, word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, video, and even Google’s new web browser Chrome. And, drawing on his extensive experience helping companies move to Google Apps, Granneman presents tips and tricks you simply won’t find anywhere else. Coverage includes
• Choosing the right edition of Google Apps for you
• Setting up Google Apps so it will be easier to use and manage
• Migrating your email, contacts, and calendars to Google Apps
• Administering and securing Google Apps
• Integrating Google Apps with other software and services
• Leveraging Google Sites to collaborate across teams, organizations, or the entire world
• Making the most of Google Talk voice calls and instant messaging
• Implementing Google’s office productivity tools, including Docs, Spreadsheets, and Presentations
• Using policy management and message recovery to control and secure your messaging
• Customizing efficient Google Apps Start Pages for you and your colleagues
• Sharing important and useful videos with your colleagues
• Maximizing the innovative features of Google’s new web browser, Chrome
SCOTT GRANNEMAN is an author, teacher, and entrepreneur with extensive experience in Google Apps migration, setup, and training. As Adjunct Professor at Washington University, he teaches popular courses on technology, security, and the Internet. A monthly columnist for SecurityFocus and Linux Magazine, he has authored four books on open source technologies, including The Linux Phrasebook. As a principal at WebSanity, he manages the firm’s UNIX server environment, and helps develop its Content Management System, which is used by educational, business, and non-profit clients nationwide.
List Price: $ 39.99