Question by trater04: Getting Started in Web Application Development?
I am interested in web application development. Without any experience other than a little visual basis:
1. What is the best web application development software? Is there any free out there?
2. What is the best programming language to use for web application development?
3. How long would be a good estimate to be able to do basic to intermediate web application development?
Any other good feedback or tips would be helpful.
Thank you for your response.
Answer by Chris
1. CoffeeCup (see link) is okay, i like notepad :P.
3. quality-wise? a good app can be done in a day. a great one will take a week 😉
to get your feet wet go to
to make cool apps try using the
then when you are good at client side, check out server-side like appjet( currently hibernating, so go to http://apps.jgate.de/ ) or helma(i haven’t used this, so no promises)
Give your answer to this question below!