- Professional quality portable USB for recording on the go
- Unique design fits on your desktop or laptop
- Perfect for podcasting, internet telophony, voice recognition software, movie narration, music
- Compatible with Mac and PC; plug-and-play, requires no additional drivers
- Includes USB cable
Blue Microphones Snowflake Portable Microphone Snowflake MicrophonesFeaturing Blue Microphones’ renowned circuitry, the Snowflake is a professional quality portable mic that combines a USB bus powered capsule with a class compliant design to make the Snowflake truly plug and play on both Mac and PC. Not just an eye-catching design, the Snowflake is highly functional. The mic folds into a single compact case which also houses a USB cable for easy transport in a laptop bag or even a pocket. Unfolded, the case serves as a desktop stand or a laptop clip, making the Snowflake a natural for everything from podcasting, calling over the web, narrating a home video, or sketching out a song idea on the go.
Where Do You Put It?
The Snowflake’s unique design allows you to place it on a desk or flat surface near your computer, or mounted to the screen of most laptops. Gently grasp the top and bottom halves of the Snowflake mounting box and slide them away from each other (figure 1, on the right). You’ll find the USB cable snugly fit inside. The top half of the mount can then be positioned on any flat surface (figure 2), or hung over the back of most laptops (figure 3). The Snowflake capsule also pivots back and forth and rotates side-to-side for optimal positioning.
When not in use, just disconnect the USB cable and store it in the mounting box, sliding both haves together to close. When traveling with the Snowflake, gently swivel the active side of the round capsule head (with the metal grille) so that it faces down and into the box (figure 4). This will help protect the precision capsule from damage.
- Transducer Type: Condenser, Pressure Gradient w/USB Digital Output
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sample/Word Rate: 44.1 kHz/16 bit
- Frequency Response: 35Hz – 20kHz
- Macintosh: Mac OSX; USB 1.0 or 2.0; 64MB RAM (minimum)
- Windows: Vista or XP; USB 1.0 or 2.0; 64MB RAM (minimum)
List Price: $ 59.00