Ben Alex – Enterprise Applications in Minutes – YOW 2010 Melbourne
Image by avlxyz
Extreme Java Productivity: Enterprise Applications in Just Minutes
Delight your customers and impress your colleagues by delivering enterprise Java applications faster than ever before. In this session we’ll introduce Spring Roo, an open source tool that makes it easy to build applications using the Java language, standards and technologies you already know. In this demonstration-oriented session, we will cover:
* Support for Java standards including JPA, Servlet Spec, JSP, JavaBean Validation, JavaMail, JMS etc
* Transparently reverse engineering and synchronising database schemas – Automatic Google Web Toolkit (GWT) UIs
* Automatic JUnit tests, Maven builds, JSP pages, toString() methods etc – Deploying to clouds such as Google App Engine
* Extending Roo with add-ons – Removing Roo from your project in four clicks
This session assumes basic Enterprise Java development knowledge.
Keywords: Java, JavaBean, JSP, EnterpriseComputing, Spring
Target Audience: Application developers, Java developers
Creator of Spring Roo and Spring Security
Senior Staff Engineer, VMWare SpringSource
Software Passion: What can we do with hundreds of cores, petabytes of storage and mobile device ubiquity? Apps as yet unimagined. We live in exciting times.
Books: Author of Security Chapter in Professional J2EE Development with Spring Framework
About YOW! Australia 2010
The YOW! 2010 Australia Software Developer Conference is a unique opportunity for you to listen to and talk with international software experts in a relaxed setting.
Here’s why you should want to attend:
* concise, technically-rich talks and workshops delivered
without the usual vendor-hype and marketing spin
* broad exposure to the latests tools and technologies,
processes and practices in the software industry
* "invitation only" speakers selected by an independent
international program committee from a network
of over 400 authors and experts
* a relaxed conference setting where you get the rare opportunity
to meet and talk with world-reknowned speakers face-to-face
* an intimate workshop setting where you are able
to benefit from an in-depth learning experience
* a truly unique opportunity to make contacts and network
with other talented Australian software professionals
* you’ll be supporting a great charity. Ten dollars from every registration will be donated to the Endeavour Foundation.